The PEI Curling Association is planning a coaches workshop, open to all PEI curling coaches, on Sunday Sept. 13 2009 upstairs at the Charlottetown Curling Club. Start time to be announced later.
– 2009-2010 provincial schedule of events overview (fees, registration deadlines, on-line registration, tournament formats etc)
– Presentation and update on the Canadian Curling Association and the Coaches Association of Canada transition to competency based Technical Workshops, and Certification conversion ( old Level 1, 2, 3 and Theory 1, 2, 3 etc.)
– Rules of Play and Code of Ethics and Conduct update and review
– Effective methods of mental preparation snf execution of mental exercises
-Appropriate physical preparation for athletes’ age and level of competition
– Effective and efficient season and practice planning
There will be opportunities throughout the day for small group discussions and sharing of information.
Helen Radford, National Curling Coach and Manager of High Performance Development for the Nova Scotia Curling Assoc. will be a key note speaker and presenter of two of the sessions.
The registration deadline is Friday Sept. 4 and the cost will be approximately $20.00.
Registration form and finalized agenda will be available within the next week.
For more information, or to provide input on sessions you would like to see, please get in touch with Gayle Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 368-1071.